Subject: Attribute default values

The current draft says:
> the pattern in the attribute element does not contain data or value
> elements with context-dependent datatypes (the datatypes defined in
> this specification are all context-dependent)

but I guess it's hard for an implementation to enforce this, considering
the fact that it allows arbitrary datatype library. At least we can't do
this under the current datatype interface.

Also what does "context-dependent" exactly mean? If I implement a
datatype that checks if a timestamp belongs to the past, is it
context-dependent?

I think it's safe to drop this constraint, especially because I
understand that the resulting infoset is not necessarily valid.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com