Subject: Re: Associating schema with document

I agree that a processing instruction is the most obvious way to link a
RELAX NG schema with a document. However, I'm concerned about how this would
sit with the W3C. My understanding is that the use of processing
instructions is discouraged in W3C standards.

If  we adopt this approach, could it impact our ability to influence W3C XML
Schema 2.0? Should we care?

I'm not saying we shouldn't use a PI, but I do think the issue is worth
raising.

Josh

Joshua Lubell, NIST
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8263