Subject: Re: Associating schema with document

Josh,

Trawling back thru old email here.  See my thoughts below.

Did we get a resolution on this anyway?

Thanks, DW
Message text written by Josh Lubell

I agree that a processing instruction is the most obvious way to link a
RELAX NG schema with a document. However, I'm concerned about how this
would
sit with the W3C. My understanding is that the use of processing
instructions is discouraged in W3C standards.

the Pandoras box is open.  Another approach is to have a MIMEtype
of RELAX - so that receiving systems know to invoke the RELAX processor?
<<

If  we adopt this approach, could it impact our ability to influence W3C
XML
Schema 2.0? Should we care?

influence Schema 2.0 - whatever that is?  Seems to me we are going
along a different, and better, path.   People who want whatever it is
they see they desperately need in Schema will continue to use it;
people who want what we have will continue with us.  Hopefully
our price point is better and we have more users.  Applicability
to ebXML is a key.  We're currently doing things in ebXML
using RELAX that I believe simply cannot be done using
W3C Schema  -I'm hoping to have a white paper out by the
end of the month on this.

I strongly doubt the W3C will want to thank us any year soon.
<<<

DW.