Subject: Re: Test suite for RELAX NG DTD compatibility spec.

> I agree that the set of metadata elements needs to be extensible, but I
> still don't think we need header to get this.  For example, we can do what
> we do in RELAX NG and allow arbitrary namespaced qualified elements.

OK. That seems to be fine.

> I noticed you have a metadata element for saying whether it depends on a
> XML Schema namespaces.  How about something like
>
> <requires datatypeLibrary="http://..."/>
>
> Any others?

Not off the top of my head. I guess we can add elements later if
necessary.

> Allowing resources both in <testCase>s and in <testSuite>s would make
> things rather complicated.

Umm, then I'd rather propose to pull out <resource> on the ground that

1. use of resources involves use of <externalRef>s and <include>s; it is
   hard to write a generic (processor-dependent) test framework that
   properly resolves those resources for the processor.

2. there probably are test cases that cannot be written by using the
   test suite format anyway (e.g., a test case that uses DTD.)

I said that I'm using resources to share common file between test cases,
but it was not quite correct. I do have test cases that share a file
between test cases, but they are not in this suite format; they are just
a bunch of small files now.

How does this sound for you?  Or <resource>s are too vital for you to
throw away?

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com