Subject: Re: more: RELAX NG FAQ

David RR Webber - XMLGlobal wrote:

> Message text written by Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI
>
>>- Why do I need RELAX NG, when W3C XML Schema is there?
>>
> <
>
> I love this one!

Yes...

For me, one of the drawbacks of W3C XML Schema that should be
highlighted is its inability to represent some XML constructs that
cannot be considered as "bad pratices".

This can be read between the lines when you say:

> By limiting the scope to structure definitions, RELAX avoids
> the drawbacks of W3C Schema, giving a much more
> elegant and predictable toolset.

Some examples might be given such as the definition of elements in which
the order of sub elements doesn't matter or the definition of
vocabularies where an element (same name, same location) can take
several types and content models.

My 0,02 Euros.

Eric
--