Subject: Re: Associating schema with document

Can we combine these two?

Use the PI as the hook to access the catalogue approach?

DW.
Message text written by Murata Makoto

James Clark wrote:

> I've been thinking about a catalog-based approach, and I think that would
be
> more powerful than a PI although significantly more complicated.   The
> catalog could contain rules like:

Even if it is more complicated, it is a long-term solution.  It allows the
recipient
not to use the schema of the sender.  It allows schema evolution without
rewriting
documents and without in-place update of schemas.

I am against PIs or attributes, since they make a long-term solution more
difficult.
If we introduce PIs and implementations start to rely on them, it will
become harder
to introduce a catalog-based approach.

Cheers,

Makoto <