Subject: Re: [relax-ng] attribute constraint

Murata-san and myself recently had a meeting with Hosoya-san, where he gave
a crisp rationale for this restriction: without the restriction RELAX NG
would not be closed under negation.  Consider the pattern

<attribute>
  <anyName/>
</attribute>

The negation of this would be

<optional>
  <group>
    <attribute>
      <anyName/>
    </attribute>
    <attribute>
      <anyName/>
    </attribute>
  </group>
</optional>

But this is not legal because it violates the restriction on duplicate
attributes.

--On 16 October 2001 08:33 +0900 Murata Makoto <mura034@attglobal.net>