Subject: RE: [relax-ng] RDDL, once more with feeling

I updated the proposed RDDL document at
http://www.wyeast.net/relax-ng-rddl.html.

Tutorial is now a non-normative-reference.

Added <rddl:resource> for Bob DuCharme's DTD for RELAX NG. For now it links
to snee.com until the DTD gets posted on RELAX NG OASIS site.

Also for now the document links to the RELAX NG Schema for RELAX NG on
thaiopensource.com until it gets posted on RELAX NG OASIS site.

The following namespace names

http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0
http://relaxng.org/ns/compatibility/annotations/1.0
http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/0.9
http://relaxng.org/ns/compatibility/annotations/0.9

should all resolve to the following (proposed)

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/rddl.html

or some other appropriate name for the document.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: James Clark [mailto:jjc@jclark.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:37 PM
To: Michael Fitzgerald; RELAX NG List

Thanks for doing this.  A few comments/suggestions:

1. I noticed you gave the RELAX NG tutorial a "normative-reference" role.
That troubles me a little bit, since the spec is the definitive thing.

2. I think we should extract the RELAX NG schema for RELAX NG from the spec
(it's actually in the XML sources for the spec) and put it on the OASIS
page so it has its own URL that can be referred to by RDDL.

3. We should also put Bob DuCharme's XML DTD for RELAX NG on the OASIS
server and add a rddl:resource for that.

4. We should make this RDDL document live at
(http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0).

5. We should do the equivalent for
(http://relaxng.org/ns/compatibility/annotations/1.0).

6. We should also do the equivalent for the 0.9 versions of both RELAX NG
and the annotations spec.