Subject: [relax-ng] Complex types trial balloon

I have an idea for annotating RNG schemas so that they can produce
complex type annotations in the style of XSD.  One point to grasp
is that a complex type, like a datatype, has a global name in XSD,
so it cannot just be an RNG define, which has only a local name.
Furthermore, there is the nasty ambiguity problem.  So how about
this for 80:20-ness?

Allow element and attribute patterns to have a t:type (or rng:type,
someday) attribute which specifies the global type of this element.
There is also t:typens which gives the inheritable type namespace
for t:type values which are NCNames -- same style as datatype libraries
and ns attributes.  Allowing these annotations only on element and
attribute patterns, I think, eliminates the nondeterminism problem.

Comments?

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com