Subject: RE: [relax-ng] Re: RELAX NG 2.0 ideas

Kohsuke's interpretation of the semantics is not what I meant, but I
certainly don't want to suggest a confusing syntax either. I did not mean to
imply any sort of recursion. What I meant in this example is at least two
and no more than 10.

<min count="2">
 <max count="10">
 </max>
</min>

In RELAX NG, we have tended to "say it" with elements, rather than
attributes. That was why I am throwing around <min> and <max>. You may want
to specify a minimum count of occurrences, and you don't care about a
maximum. Just use <min>. Or you may only care about maximum; just use <max>.
You want both minimum and maximum? Use both <min> and <max>. That's my idea.

If we go with something like <repeat>, I'd prefer the element name <occurs>
instead, as in:

<occurs min="2" max="10">
</occurs>

If people like <repeat min='' max=''>, then what kept us from adopting it
early? I don't recall.