Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Motivation for restrictions in section 7.2

> I don't see where there is any confusion in the interpretation of the
> examples you gave if we stick to these definitions.

It appears that I have misunderstood this issue!

I can think of two reasons.  First, as a principle, RELAX NG prohibits
those patterns which cannot be satisfied by any documents.  This principle
is proposed by my following mail:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/relax-ng/200106/msg00127.html

Second,  I think that users will be confused if we allow consecutive
element foo {xsd:short, xsd:short}.  There is no point in allowing such
meaningless patterns.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/relax-ng/200106/msg00139.html

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>