Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Mixed and compact syntax

Eric van der Vlist scripsit:

> I find this very confusing for especially for "mixed{foo, bar}". People
> would probably expect this to mean "mixed content with ordered foo and
> bar" rather than a "group of foo and bar with any text node before or
> after the group"!

To me, at least, those two expressions (in quotation marks) sound
exactly synonymous.  Could you attempt to explain what you take the
difference to be?

> Makes me think that I have a more general question about the rules to
> read things such as: "p1, p2 | p3 & p4"... Are these allowed and how do
> they read?

They are not allowed.

BTW, in your RNG book (for which three cheers!) which are you going to
present as the primary syntax, compact or XML?

--
John Cowan                              <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.reutershealth.com