Subject: Re: [relax-ng] a few comments on the spec draft

> In the 8th para of A.1, we have x ::= x.  I was a bit
> confused. After reading the next sentence and the
> production rule for innerNameClass carefully,
> I understood that x in the right-hand side references
> to a formal argument.  But it took some time.

Any concrete suggestions as to how to rephrase that sentence and the
previous one.  recognize that there is scope for improvement, but I'm not
sure how to do it.

> It would be nice if type names are shown in different
> fonts.

What specifically?  I'm already using italic, bold, bold italic and fixed
with for other things. Are you suggesting reusing one of those, or using,
say, a sans serif font instead?  I think that might to start to look a bit
ugly...

> The latest version of XQuery Foaml Semantics is:
>
> XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics
> 16 August 2002,
> Denise Draper et al.

I specifically didn't reference the latest version.  Instead I chose the
last version before they started "improving" it to be more compatible with
W3C XML Schema.  That version has a lot of similarities with our work; the
latest version has rather fewer.

> The link for XDuce should be
>
> http://www.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~hahosoya/papers/phdth.ps
>
> rather than