Subject: Re: [relax-ng] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Which next step for examplotron?]

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 06:55, Murata Makoto wrote:
> >What does Relax NG think?
>
> I think that it does make sense for individual experts
> to create another syntax for RELAX NG.  If people like
> it, it might eventually become an official spec.
>
> In the case of examplotron, I suppose that it does not
> cover all features of RELAX NG.

The current version doesn't because it's just a proof of concept with a
minimalistic XSLT based implementation. If it was clearly built upon
Relax NG, there would be no reason not to cover all the features of
Relax NG.

> If this is the case,
> it is not a syntax of RELAX NG, but rather another schema
> language which can be easily converted to RELAX NG.

In any case, even if it included elements borrowed from the XML syntax
of Relax NG, I think that it should better keep its own namespace since
keeping the same elements with the same namespace and a slightly
different usage would be too confusing.

> If something like examplotron makes it easy for
> non-professional users to simple RELAX NG schemas,
> that would certainly be a good thing.

I'll give it a try, then!

Thanks

Eric