Subject: [Fwd: Re: libxml2 RELAX NG support]

[ Hum, I would have joined the list but since I'm not an OASIS member,
  I can't apparently ... ]

  Hi,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:19:08PM +0700, James Clark wrote:
> Daniel Veillard has being doing a lot of work on the RELAX NG support in
> libxml2.  The most recent release, 2.5.5, is quite conformant and seems
> to work for realistic RELAX NG schemas and documents. This is very good

I'm still failing on one of the regression tests though, I also built another
regression suite (test/relaxng/testsuite.xml in the libxml2 sources).

> news because libxml2 is part of every modern Linux distro and gets
> installed on most modern Linux boxes.  In fact, since libxml2 doesn't

  Libxml2 is also embbeded in Solaris, so at some point this will
probably show up there too, I emailed my contact point in Sun OS
group to suggest him to upgrade to 2.5.5 .

> You can validate a document against a RELAX NG schema using libxml2 just
> by doing:
>
>   xmllint --noout --relaxng file.rng file.xml
>
> If you're on a Linux box, I encourage you to try this out and report

  Hum, libxml2 also has a well maintained Windows port, see
    http://www.zlatkovic.com/projects/libxml/binaries.html
The code compiles on a lot of platforms, get it at ftp://xmlsoft.org/ if
you're interested.

> bugs (via bugzilla.gnome.org).  Daniel is very responsive to bug
> reports: everything I've reported in past releases has been fixed.
>
> Congratulations and thanks to Daniel.

  Thanks James, the merits really goes to Red Hat for funding my work.
Thanks also to your group for producing a very clean spec and tutorial
document, it helped a lot.

Daniel