Subject: Re: Question about WXS datatypes ID, IDREF and IDREFS

> Until you are adding more restrictions that's OK, but I suspect it would
> not be possible to "remove" a constraint expressed in the spec.

I guess so.

You might be interested in the way James Clark "extended" RELAX NG so
that it can validate just a set of attributes for his NRL.

He basically said:

validateAttributes( RELAX NG pattern "p", attribute set)

    1. add a dummy root element and set all those attributes to it.
    2. validate that element against <element><anyName/> p </element>

You could kind of think this as a way to "remove a constraint expressed
in the spec."

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                  408-276-7063 (x17063)
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com