Subject: Namespace URI to designate RELAX NG compact syntax

I wonder if the TC could assign the namespace URI to denote the compact
syntax.

The motivation was that I wanted to use the JARV API, a Java validation
API, with the compact syntax. It is a schema language neutral API, and
the way the API works is for a client to designate a schema language by
using the URI (in case of RELAX NG 1.0, this was
"http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";)

JAXP 1.2 also allows the namespace URI to designate the schema language.

Does this make sense?

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi