Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Re: Namespace URI to designate RELAX NG compact syntax

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Yes, I meant an URI, not an "namespace URI".
>
> It's nice if the URI is bit nicer than that --- something along the line
> of "http://relaxng.org/ns/compact/1.0";.

If it's not a namespace URI, then using /ns/ in the URI seems a bit
strange.

But this raises an important issue.  What's our story on compact syntax
versioning? What is the relationship between versions of the main (XML
syntax + semantics) spec and versions of the compact syntax spec?  Are
we guaranteeing that for each version of the main spec, there's exactly
one version of the compact syntax spec?