Subject: Re: [relax-ng] future?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:40:32 -0700
"Mike Fitzgerald" <mikefz@wyeast.net> wrote:

> Will there be future development of RELAX NG under OASIS?

I think that we should do two errata, at least.  How do you
feel?  > James

> 1) RELAX NG as an ISO standard
>
> Since RELAX NG becomes an ISO standard, "This is the definitive
> specification of RELAX NG" is no longer true.
>
> I would propose
>
> 	This specification defines RELAX NG, ...
>
> We should also mention the ISO standard as a non-normative document.
>
> 	ISO/IEC IS 19757-2 also defines RELAX NG.  Its technical content of
> 	is identical to this specification, but there
> 	are editorial differences to satisfy ISO rules.
>
> 2) Attributes using infinite name classes shall have <text/>
>
> As we have discussed long time ago,  attributes using infinite name classes
> should have <text/>.
>
> FDIS of RELAX NG says:
>
> 	Attributes using infinite name classes shall have text as their value.
> 	More precisely, an attribute element that has an anyName or nsName
> 	descendant element shall have a text child element. NOTE 2 This
> 	restriction is necessary for closure under negation.

However, I think we should postpone RELAX NG V2 until V1 is widely
accepted.   RELAX NG has been making good progress recently.  If we
make V2 at this stage of the game, that would be suicidal.

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>