Subject: [rights] Simple question...

Title: Simple question...

Hi,

When the SS and XACML TCs were formed, they both adopted the following procedure:

1. A subcommittee was created to look at use cases and requirements.

2. After much discussion and deliberation, this subcommittee came to consensus regarding a categorization of requirements (i.e., those that were to be met by the 1.0 version of the TC specification, those that were in-scope but deferred for a post-1.0 version, and those that were out of scope).

3. The document reflecting this consensus was submitted to the TC.

4. After discussion and deliberation within the TC, the TC voted to approve a (possibly unchanged) categorization of requirements.

5. Work progressed on creating a 1.0 version of the specification that met (at least) the requirements approved for 1.0 fulfillment.

With the RL TC, from what I heard on yesterday's TC call, it seems that steps 1 and 2 have happened, and step 5 is happening.  My question is:  did steps 3 and 4 happen?  I have not been able to attend every call, and not all the meeting minutes are posted on the Web site, so I honestly don't know the answer.  Was there a TC meeting (concall or F2F) in which the requirements to be met in the 1.0 specification were voted on and approved?

I had heard nothing about an official approval by the TC.  Furthermore, any time I asked how the requirements activity was progressing, I was told that this process was still on-going.  So, despite the nominal cut-off date of August 7 agreed at the first TC meeting, I just assumed that the SC had not completed the requirements activity for 1.0 yet and so the overall dates were slipping.  Being busy (as we all are), I had decided not to take a look at the requirements categorization until they were submitted to the TC.

So, was there a TC vote that I missed, or was there no TC vote?

Carlisle.