Subject: RE: [rights] tyranny of the majority but no consensus

Folks,

	Dimitry, good e-mail.

	I agree with Dimitry. I do not think it is fair or
gentle-personly to question Hari's motives or methods.

	With respect to motives, Hari has been more than fair and
patient during all the discussions.

	With respect to methods, OASIS has well-defined methods to
handle stuff. Whenever issues were raised, they were put to a vote. I
think we are running fairly by the Robert's rules.

	BTW, I do not get this business of "taking steps to address the
bad feelings caused by the votes at the F2F". What do we do ? Buy the
folks some "spirits" ? Have quotas ? Or alternate between majority and
minority for success of a vote ? These are all beyond the chair of an
OASIS TC. Consensus is better, but in many cases voting is practical.
Folks, we need to move on. Also I favor evolutionary work with
incremental progress. It is not an all-or-nothing preposition.

cheers