saf message

Subject: RE: Issues to review

Stavros will send meeting notes, but wanted to explicitly mention a few issues discussed today, in order for you to provide final thoughts:

1.   SAF-3 – normalized notification mechanism.  This issue tracks back to the very early pre-spec days and suggests a standard format & transport for symptoms, ie: CBE over WS-Eventing, etc.  Since that time we’ve defined the Symptom type and steered clear of a transport for the normative spec.  Thus, we recommend closing this issue.  Any objections?

2.   SAF-6 – See below.  Did not discuss today.

3.   SAF-19 – remove “Issued_Prescription” from Symptom.  Issued_prescription is an audit of prescriptions issued as a result of this symptom, and thus, can only be supplied (presumably by a case manager) after emission.  In addition, we would need to identify in the spec the entity which modifies the symptom, along with the interfaces used to modify it.  The audit nature of this field opens a “can of worms” with little interoperability benefit.  For this reason, we recommend removing from the Spec.  Any objections?

4.   SAF-11 – RelatedSymptoms.  The latest Spec draft revision has a recommendation, but we are still struggling with extensibility of the Relationship type.  A few valid proposals are on the table, and Fujitsu is going to run by their xml schema expert.

5.   SAF-8 – Grouping of AssociatedProtocols.  Still discussing whether the relationship is needed.  See today’s meeting notes and most recent draft Spec revision.

From: Vaught, Jeffrey A
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 12:15 PM
To: saf@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Issues to review

Please take a glance at the following issues in Jira: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa and offer your thoughts.

We will likely vote on some of these next week (3/28), at least those that we recommend closing (and won’t be represented in the draft Spec).

1.   SAF-3 – Normalized Notification mechanism – We recommend closing.

2.   SAF-6 – Signature Composition – We have agreement on most of this issue, but still considering a way to reference a triggered Syndrome within another Syndrome signature.  See the issue.

3.   SAF-19 – Remove “Issued_Prescription” from Symptom.   Please review and offer thoughts.