saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] SAML Interoperability Demo and the 5 URLs

Prateek -
Can you please clarify for me the 5 URLs in section 1.2 of the document?
Here is my understanding; please confirm or correct as necessary.

1. http://portal.<dns_suffix>: this is the URL for directly contacting
the portal and selecting a destination service. The use of this URL is
dependent on the demonstration scenario and some applications may not
use it. Specifically, if the application directly contacts the
inter-site transfer URL at the source site, it need not use this URL.

2. https://inter-site-transfer.<dns_suffix>: this is the URL that drives
the authentication process (for example by soliciting user ID and
password). A browser must ultimately connect at this URL to receive the
artifact. A browser may be directed to this URL by some other service,
including the portal.

3. https://receiver.<dns_suffix>: this is the URL for the assertion
consumer. This is the URL to which the inter-site transfer service
redirects the user.

4. https://responder.<dns_suffix>: this is the URL that the assertion
consumer uses to query for the authentication/attribute statements,
which are all included in a single assertion.

5. http://application.<dns_suffix>/application: this is the URL where
the content provider's application operates. This URL is included as the
"TARGET" in the redirect.

6. For the SAML Interoperability demo, URLs (1), (2) and (4) belong to
the "portal" companies and URLs (3) and (5) belong to "content provider"
companies.

Thanks in advance,
Jahan

Jahan Moreh