saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Web Server Certificates

Ken,

Thank you for the offer. The goal is to obtain certificates that are in chains which link to the roots ALREADY installed in the two specified browsers (IE 6.0 and Netscape 6.2) so as to avoid having to import trust roots into browsers being used in the demo. Most of us are perfectly capable of issuing certs rooted somewhere.

It is not clear to me whether or not your organization can do this.

Hal
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Graf [mailto:ken@securityxing.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:05 AM
To: 'Hal Lockhart'
Cc: Irving.Reid@baltimore.com; 'Carlisle Adams'; rphilpott@rsasecurity.com; abrown@verisign.com; mshilts@verisign.com

Hal,

If you want a vendor independent set of certificates, my organization can volunteer.

Security Crossing is willing to provide the following:

1)       A signing CA, will the sole function of providing SSL certificates for the Burton demonstration.

2)       PKCS10 and PEM based certification and revocation requests via email.

3)       Internet publication of the root certificate and a CRL covering the demonstration period.

On this list I only know Hal personally, but I believe I know someone in management at every organization on this email that with attest to my ability to fulfill this need and remain independent.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you, Ken.