saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Proposal for Demo App Display of SAML Info

Entegrity is going to be building a zoo for the Interop that will demonstrate a simple content site.  No screen shots yet, but development work is under way.

Kyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Bowen [mailto:don.bowen@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 5:22 PM
To: Hal Lockhart
Cc: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Sun is considering a Rental Car company for our demo app. Per previous input  we aren't planning on building anything too fancy. I haven't seen much about what others are planning to provide, but I'm assuming work is being done. Would anyone that is further along with their demo app be willing to share details of their efforts? It would be great to see a screen shot of a mock up even. I'd also be curious to know what the rest of you are implementing as your demo apps.

Don;

Hal Lockhart wrote:

My proposal is rather simple.

Every application would reserve a small box in the upper right (left?) corner of the web page and display in the box:

1. the authentication authority (aka, portal or SSO source)
2. the user name
3. the MemberLevel attribute value

These data items are available from the SSO Assertion. The purpose of displaying this information is to make it clearer to a human observer what is going on.

This would not prevent vendors from displaying some kind of logging information showing the data sent or received by servers.

Hal