saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] RE: Comments on draft-catalyst-interop-plan-01

Irving,

>>1.2 URL Naming Conventions:
>>
>>Can everybody handle port numbers as part of the URL
>>specification for the
>>SAML-related endpoints (the inter-site transfer URL, the
>>responder, and the
>>receiver)? We can, and we normally use non-standard port
>>numbers for them to
>>keep them out of the way. It's not a problem for us to
>>reconfigure to use
>>the usual HTTP ports, though it will make our setup a little messier.

I don't see why this should be a problem. As no objections
have been raised I will add ":port_no" to the proposed URLs.

>>1.3 Portal
>>
>>From about halfway through this section:
>>
>>> The <NameIdentifier> element in the AuthenticationStatement
>>> will used with the format "#emailAddress" with attribute
>>> NameQualifier set to the vendors name (e.g. "netegrity.com").
>>> In other words, each user will be described as
>>> joe@address.com, ravi@someaddress.com, alice@someaddress.com etc.
>>
>>We normally use the LDAP DN for <NameIdentifier>, and it
>>would be quite a
>>bit of work for us to change. Is anyone not capable of
>>handling incoming
>>assertions that contain DNs instead of email addresses? If
>>not, I'd like to
>>remove this restriction.

There may be an issue here. I am not sure our general DN parsing stuff will
be integrated and ready by June 17 (rehearsal). Jehan has proposed a
compromise: add an attribute with an e-mail address and also generate a name
in #X509SubjectName format.

Is this acceptable to people?

>>> <SubjectLocality> element is required to be present.
>>
>>Again, we don't currently generate this optional element, and
>>would prefer
>>not to have to implement it for the interop event. I'd like
>>to remove this
>>restriction.

Fine, I don't see an issue here. This is a completely elective element.