saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] URGENT: PARTICIPANTS MUST READ

Robert,

I'm getting confirmation on a number of the questions you asked.

I have no idea if the lighting will be sufficient, but Netegrity and CrossLogix are both planning to bring/acquire lamps. Do you guys know something the rest of us don't?

Your comment that you haven't gotten approval concerns me since you have already indicated you will participate. Or is that just an internal issue? I have absolutely no idea on costs right now.

Prateek or Hal will need to comment on whether taking off Tuesday morning is ok, but if you have to register for the event you may want to stay. If you've never been to Catalyst I would encourage you to stay. This is my 6th straight and it is by far my favorite event. Monday and Tuesday nights are phenomenal, especially the food. The opportunities to converse with industry experts and just the people on this list :-) is wonderful. I'm guessing you have been and just have more pressing things, but was compelled to give my .02.

I would hope that those just coming to help their companies demo interoperability would not need to register, though those same people will definitely need a hotel room. Jim will answer shortly and I'll pass it on. Hotel reservations are going through Burton because they have blocked off a number of rooms. I WOULD NOT WAIT TO RESERVE YOUR ROOM. You can always cancel, but not being at the hotel where the event is just plain sucks!

I didn't think the room was available until Saturday, but am getting confirmation on that too. I am planning on arriving Friday afternoon. Anyone interested in dinner that night please let me know. We could let a local recommend someplace, keeping in mind that we are already spending enough just to attend and participate :-)

Don;

"Philpott, Robert" wrote:

Hi Don,

I've asked my marketing folks to follow up on their items asap.

Re: lighting - as long as the chandelier lights don't get turned off for some reason, I don't anticipate needing additional lighting at our station.

Questions:

1.Re: costs - as soon as you can get us even a ballpark figure, I'd appreciate it.  I need to start greasing the skids here to get it approved and a general sense of the figure would be helpful.  What would you expect it to be approximately?

2.Does everyone need to actually register for the Catalyst Conference in order to participate in the SAML press conference, etc?  Most of our folks weren't planning on attending anything other than the SAML interop-related activities. But if we need attendance badges to get in, I need to get this approved as well ... ughh.

3.Assuming the SAML stuff is over on Monday, I was assuming we'd plan to leave on Tuesday AM.  Any reason for not planning it this way?

4.We need to make our travel plans. The attachment says the room will be available starting Friday.  Does that mean Friday morning or afternoon? That'll determine whether we plan to arrive Thursday night or Friday morning.

5.How should we register for hotel accommodations?  Will we be able to get rooms at the Hilton or is it booked?  If we don't register for the conference do we need to make our own arrangements?

Thanks!

Rob Philpott

RSA Security Inc.

The Most Trusted Name in e-Security