saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] drfat-catalyst-interop-plan-02

I have 2 questions/comments.

1. When a user arrives at the content site and is authenticated via a SAML
assertion, the content site should reserve a small box in the upper right (or
left) corner of the web page and display in the box:
1.authentication authority
2.user name
3.memberlevel attribute
4.e-mail address

In the above I am assuming that the authentication authority is actually the
Issuer per the Assertion schema. Currently we at Sun put the sourceID there . Is
that acceptable by all ? or should we have a more understandable string there
like dns-suffix sun.com.

2. Each vendor would be required to show the following:
A. Something only Gold members can do.
B. Something only Gold or Silver members can do.
C. Something all members can do (bronze, silver, gold).
D. Unauthenticated users are re-directed to the portal for login.

In D above, I am not sure what is the expected behaviour. If we redirect
to portal login, then after logging in, one would be displayed a content page
with links to content hosted at distinct web sites, but I would think
that the user would expect to be taken directly to
the content application after a successful login upon redirection. Does
anyone think alike  or if not can someone please clarify the expected
flow ?

Thanks

Bhavna

>Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:10:48 -0400
>From: "Mishra, Prateek" <pmishra@netegrity.com>
>Subject: [saml-dev] drfat-catalyst-interop-plan-02
>To: "'saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org'" <saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>

Bhavna Bhatnagar                		Sun Microsystems Inc.
Identity Management group	 __o
Tel: 408-276-3591              _`\<,_
                              (*)/ (*)