saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] SAML 1.0 Committee Specs errata list V03

Attached is version 03 of the errata list for the SAML Committee Specs
and schema files.  It is also published in the SAML document repository.
  This list has been updated to reflect new potential errata and the
final decisions made in today's SSTC telecon.

Please note that some decisions *may affect your implementation*!  In
particular, please note that erratum E18 makes a direct change to the
assertion schema, in that it makes the AuthenticationMethod and
AuthenticationInstant attributes on the <AuthenticationStatement>
element required instead of optional.  Note, however, that you should
check the errata document carefully for details on *all* the changes.

We are not accepting any more errata as such, since we need to move on
to preparing the final Committee Specification revisions.  However, if
you find errors in this document, please alert me *immediately*, and if
you ever find problems in the SAML specs/schemas, please still do send
them in by following the instructions on the title pages so that we can
track them as issues.

I will produce V01 of all the Committee Specs and schemas, incorporating
the changes outlined in the errata list, by May 30.  I will follow that
up with a V04 of the errata document in case there were subtle changes
in the way I had to incorporate any editorial fixes.  We are still on
track for submitting the specs to the OASIS vote process by June 1.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

	Eve