saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] RE: SAML Interoperability Demo marketing informati on

Hi Tanya/all,
I apologize up front for the length of this email but please read it carefully, it contains important information. This will replace a concall.

First of all, the concall I mentioned in a past email was for the technical people, it was not a marketing call.

These are good questions. I will review these for the entire group because I believe if one person has these questions others might as well.

"I understand from the latest email that we will bring a system loaded with a demo, and have seen the screen layout that we need to use."-- YES

"I also understand that someone (Sigaba or OASIS) will produce monitor-top signs, and we have sent you our logo and product name information already."--OASIS will produce plain monitor top signs, no logos, no product information. I need the logos for the easel that will be placed at the  front  door  of the suite by June 15 (many have already sent).

"we will be allowed to bring a certain number of datasheets or product brochures to be placed on a table opposite the monitors."-- the tables in the California room will be provided for your standard marketing materials (packet). Each vendor should send ? (I'm checking) pieces. No easels, wall signs or additional signage. We really want to create a level playing field for all vendors.

Hospitality Suite Shipment

All items you will need for your Hospitality Suite should be delivered to the hotel on **July 12**. The hotel is not set up to receive your shipment any earlier.

For shipment of Promotional Items - Please label as follows:

Hilton San Francisco
Attn:  Kathy Herrmann/ Hospitality Suite
(Your Company Name/attn: xxxx )
333 O'Farrell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Tel: 415-771-1400
Fax: 415-771-6807

Box ___ of ___
(number of boxes)

Each vendor will create a one page SAML product (we agreed on front and back) flyer to be distributed in a press packet for the press conference. It will be held in an OASIS folder.

OASIS (Dee Schur) will create an invitation to the hospitality suite that will be inserted in each attendees bag.

I am working on firm pricing for power and food--I'll let the group know ASAP.

IMPORTANT** "How many people will Sigaba be allowed to bring to the demo?"

I need to know exactly who (names and email addresses) will be participating in the demo from each company. We need to apply for badges in order to enter the room. Individuals DIRECTLY involved in the demo and only the demo will not be charged for the conference pass but there is a limit, so be reasonable. **If you plan to attend any of the sessions or tutorials YOU MUST purchase a regular conference pass at a 15% OASIS discount but you must do it by** 14 June**. More details on registration from Burton Group:

Vendor registration:

All Catalyst attendees must be registered with proper ID, whether they
are paying, non-paying, guests, press, employees, or hospitality suite
staff.
Everyone will be required to wear a badge at Catalyst, for security
purposes.

All non-paying attendees who are not attending Catalyst general sessions
will be issued temporary badges (different from the ones issued to
paying attendees)  Non-paying attendees involved in the OASIS demo/suite will
receive temporary badges, which will exclude them from participating in
breakfast, lunch, breaks, general sessions, and tutorials.

By June 28, 2002, OASIS must provide Burton Group with a complete list
of the personnel from each vendor who will be participating in the OASIS
demo/suite. The list must include both the vendor personnel who will
participate in the demo on Monday, July 15, plus as any other vendor
marketing, PR, and other technical personnel who will be there to setup,
teardown, or otherwise support the activities in the demo/suite.

The registration requirements and associated costs for each category of
vendor personnel are as follows:

For personnel from participating vendors who'll be participating in
the demo/suite and who will be registering as paying attendees at
Catalyst:
There will be a 15 percent discount for OASIS members:

OASIS members who are also Burton Group clients: $1,610 per person
($1,895 minus 15 percent discount)

OASIS members who are not Burton Group clients: $1,950 per person
($2,295 minus 15 percent discount)

However, these discounted rates only apply to registrations made before
Friday, June 14, 2002, and only apply if attendees reserve
accommodations at Burton Group's preferred hotel provider: Hilton San Francisco & Towers.
Register online for Catalyst at www.burtongroup.com/catalyst/catna02/registration.asp and enter special
promotion code of "CNAOA02". Also, we are extending the Catalyst hotel
rate of $219 per night to OASIS members who stay at the Hilton San Francisco
between July 12-17. Register online to stay at Hilton San Francisco &
Towers at www.burtongroup.com/catalyst, or call 801-304-8175.

For personnel from participating vendors who are there only to set
up, tear down, and/or support demo but won't register as paying
attendees at Catalyst: They won't need to pay to participate in the demo/suite, but
they'll still have to register as Hospitality Suite Staff.

Thank all of you for your support of this significant event.  Feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards,

Dee