saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] RSA system name mapping

Hi folks,

As an example of how to complete your action items to define your host name to IP address mappings, here's an example that RSA will use. All of our demo URL's will reside on a single system so DNS will resolve as follows:

portal.rsa.com à 192.168.16.92

inter-site-transfer.rsa.com à 192.168.16.92

application.rsa.com à 192.168.16.92

responder.rsa.com à 192.168.16.92

receiver.rsa.com à 192.168.16.92

We are actually setting up 2 demo systems with the following DNS names and IP addresses:

saml1.rsa.com à 192.168.16.91

saml2.rsa.com à 192.168.16.92

saml1.rsa.com will actually be our issuing authority. Although there aren't any publicly available interfaces/URL's on it, I still need a DNS entry for it for internal reasons.

If you require any additional DNS entries other than those for resolving the 5 demo URL's, be sure to pass them along as in my example.

Rob Philpott

RSA Security Inc.

The Most Trusted Name in e-Security

Tel: 781-515-7115