saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] notBefore/notOnOrAfter unnecessary?

A comment on the validity periods issue:  the Conditions/NotBefore and
Conditions/NotOnOrAfter elements are optional in the Assertions and Protocol
document.  The Browser/Artifact profile seems to imply they must exist
(lines 580-582 and 593-601 in May 31 Bindings and Profiles document), but
isn't really clear.

We've seen that this validity period causes problems.  Given that the
responder is responding in real time, the validity period seems unnecessary
for this profile.  Ie, the responder is saying "this assertion is valid
right now", so the requester shouldn't need to do a validity period check.

So if the committee's still taking comments, perhaps we could suggest that
the above lines be removed from the artifact profile, and some text inserted
that a validity period isn't necessary here.

Trevor

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Bowen [mailto:don.bowen@sun.com]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 5:36 PM
To: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [saml-dev] Conference call for June 18th

Here is the call information (same as last time):

date: June 18, 2002 12-1pm EDT (11-12pm CDT / 9-10am PDT)
phone number: 888-422-7101
participant code: 551215

Agenda:

- Issues that have come up during the dry runs
  - SAML/SAMLP namespace
  - NotBefore time issues
  - Logout on each portal page
  - Requirements for what must be checked - spec
interpretation alignment
  - Interop between the dry runs?
  - Internet testing between now and Catalyst?

- Catalyst
  - Status of preso about what SAML is and isn't
  - Check on marketing / SAML one-pager
  - Review press preview plans
  - Review/discuss attendee experience
  - Do we need internet connectivity? If so, Saturday only
or Monday also? We will probably have it.
  - Do we need a phone? We will probably get just one, but
it will essentially be a house phone only.
  - Should we put cell phones into spreadsheet?
  - Schedule for Saturday setup

Don;