saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] Conference Call recap

If anyone else took good notes/minutes from the meeting,
please correct or add. I just thought it would be good to
recap what we discussed.

Don;

Don Bowen wrote:

> Agenda:
>
> - Issues that have come up during the dry runs
>   - SAML/SAMLP namespace

Be strict about what you are sending, but less so about what
you receive - at least for the demo. This "rule of thumb"
applies to other items as well.

>   - NotBefore time issues

We agreed that setting this time to something in the past is
not security hole. I've already forgotten what we agreed to in
terms of a specific buffer, but I think it was something like
5 minutes on the NotBefore and 10 minutes on the NotOnOrAfter.

>   - Logout on each portal page

We agreed that anyone providing a portal would provide a
logout on that page for the current user's session. This is to
avoid the operator having to go into the content application
related to the same vendor and log out there.

We also agreed that the password for each of the three users
would be their name (e.g. joe/joe).

>   - Requirements for what must be checked - spec
> interpretation alignment

Prateek is updating the document.

>   - Interop between the dry runs?

>   - Internet testing between now and Catalyst?

I have already sent out an email requesting the names of the
contacts for your participation in any internet testing. I
have names currently for:

- Crosslogix
- ePeople
- Sigaba
- Sun
- Novell

I'll send out the start of this thread early next week, so
please send me your contacts if you plan to participate.

> - Catalyst
>   - Status of preso about what SAML is and isn't

Hal has posted this, so please take time to review and provide
feedback to him.

>   - Check on marketing / SAML one-pager

We need another update from Dee, but most of us are still
working on our SAML one-pager, which will be inserted into the
OASIS press kits.

>   - Review press preview plans

Hal offered to develop a script of what would be covered and
share it with the list for comments.

>   - Review/discuss attendee experience

We agreed that we would just let the attendees drive the
machines themselves. I think it might be helpful to have a
single page (maybe both sides) document (lamenated for
durability) with directions that apply to your environment. I
suggested it to Bhavna and she is planning on writing
something up. Thoughts?

>   - Do we need internet connectivity? If so, Saturday only
> or Monday also? We will probably have it.
>   - Do we need a phone? We will probably get just one, but
> it will essentially be a house phone only.

I communicated our needs to Jason Lewis. I am going to ask if
he will provide any kind of firewall support. We probably
won't be able to hook it up to our LAN because of the fact
that there is nothing to do NAT and we are using an unroutable
subnet.

>   - Should we put cell phones into spreadsheet?

You can call me anytime at 877-232-0202 and since I will have
a key to the hospitality suite that may be all you need. If
you need or want someone else's cell number, ask them
directly.

>   - Schedule for Saturday setup

We will start at 9am on Saturday morning. I am arriving Friday
by noon, so if anyone wants to do dinner Friday night let me
know. If I can do any setup Friday I will try. My top priority
is to make sure that the monitors are there and get into that
room so we can start by 9. Sunday's schedule will be
determined on site.