saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] asynchronous response on SAML over SOAP over HTTP

Hi,
I have a question about SOAP (over HTTP) Binding for SAML.
In 3.1.3 of [SAMLBind],  SAML Assertion is typically returned
synchronously on the same HTTP connection by SAML Responder.
Is it required? I couldn't find the explicit description about this
issue in 3.1.3 [SAML Bind].
If synchronous reply is required, does it mean SOAP (over HTTP) Binding
haven't supported asynchronous response (for example, in conjunction
with ebXML messaging service) yet?

Regards,
Yuji Sakata (NTT Data Corporation)
Tel: +81-3-3523-8081