saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML InterOp one pager and Slide Set

Don,

These changes sound good to me. I can make them tomorrow AM
(together with a slide that Hal updated). I will turn them around tomorrow
to you for further packaging and further edits.

If you have a few minutes, please also review the text of the one pager. I believe
Dee would like to add it into the official OASIS materials soon (Dee, can
we hold off till tomorrow, people are just catching up with things after the 4th).

- prateek

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Bowen [mailto:don.bowen@sun.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 8:33 PM
To: Mishra, Prateek
Cc: 'dee schur'; saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Prateek,

Questions and comments.

Do we want to mention WS-Security in this presentation? It would seem to me to beg the question "What is WS-Security", which I don't think we are answering (and shouldn't). We should have an answer for anyone that asks, but it just seemed out of place to me.

The Agenda should say  "SAML Interop Details" or something similar rather than "Interop Flows", as it represents many slides that describe the demo.

On slide 3 where we say what SAML is it seems less tangent than the "SAML is NOT" slide bullets.

Rather than WS-Security on slide 4 should we mention some of the other profiles? That seems more appropriate to me.

I wonder if the order might be better if it was:

- SAML is...
- SAML is NOT...
- SAML Profiles

On slide 6 it says that several products are available today, but won't this confuse people when the standard is not yet "complete"? Maybe just me :-)

On slide 7 is it appropriate to say that each vendor implements web browser profile?

Slide 10, the "Flows" slide seems like it would be better after "SAML Interop Details" and before "Types of Interop Sites". What about adding a box showing the user in the flow? Also, will it be clear to people that the username and password are inputs provided during the "Authenticate (out of band)" step?

We are using Interop, Demonstration and Demo. Maybe we should use just one of those terms?

"Signon" on slide 11 should be two words. I might even change that first bullet to "Sign on to any portal".

On slide 13 it seems like the wording on the second sub-bullet need to be fixed. Possibly "...can be used at portal or content sites"

My understanding was that this preso would run continuously on a table somewhere, though I don't remember asking anyone to provide a machine. We discussed it being 10 minutes long, but it shouldn't be any longer in my opinion. Who is going to put this preso into that form? I would be happy to do it. There are a few more tiny edits I'd do like making the boxes on slide 10 the same size and cosmetic stuff like that.

Don;

"Mishra, Prateek" wrote:

Enclosed are a revised SAML one pager and a set of slides for the InterOp.I have used some of Hal's slides and added materials from the one pager.Please comment. We probably need to finalize latest by mid-week.Dee, (1) does the one pager need to use some OASIS signage?(2) Who will print copies of the one pager? We should havea 100 copies or so made up.(3) Can we make the slide set available from some URL (I guesswe could publish it on the SSTC web page)?Thanks,prateek