saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Date format issue

I do not recall any discussion before or during the dry runs about limiting time values to not use milliseconds.  At least it wasn't discussed on the east coast nor on the con-calls.  The only thing that I recall we discussed and agreed upon was that everyone must use "Z" format times rather than the +/-hhmm timezone offsets.  The specs were a little unclear on this matter but that was apparently what was intended.

However, the specs are quite clear that milliseconds are allowed (but not required) and that nothing finer than milliseconds should be relied upon.

Was there such an "agreement" made just at the west coast dry run?

Rob Philpott

RSA Security Inc.

The Most Trusted Name in e-Security

Tel: 781-515-7115