saml-dev message

Subject: [saml-dev] architecture for artifact profile ?

Title: architecture for artifact profile ?

Hi all,

I'm trying to realize an SSO solution based on SAML.
I implemented the artifact profile and this functions, but I wonder if I did the good choice in my architecture.
Indeed, I externalized the SAML producer from the Source site. Thus, when the source site needs to create an assertion and to get the corresponding artifact, it does this by requesting the external SAML producer in a SAML query.

I do not see these SAML exchanges in the Bindings/Profiles specification. Would it be better (or even mandatory) to integrate the SAML Producer in the Source site and to create assertions through a Java API rather than creating them by SAML requests ?

Thanks in advance

Frédéric

Frédéric Deléon
France Telecom R&D Rennes / France