saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] architecture for artifact profile ?

Ok, thanks.
If I understand well the specs, there is no need of SAML query elements
for basic scheme in Artifact and Post profiles.
In Artifact profile, DestinationSite creates a SAML Request with only
AssertionArtifact element, and in Post profile, SourceSite directly
creates a SAML Response with the encapsulated Assertion.
So, in which case SAML queries can be used ? For later use in
DestinationSite, if I would like to ckeck again (after a timeout) if X
user is still authenticated ?

Frederic