saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Encoding of URI in "Alternative SAML Artifact Form at"

Hi,

> >You have pointed out a missing piece in the non-normative
> >"Alternative Format" in the binding doc.
>
> >Would it be adequate to specify UTF-8 as the
> >default charset to be used here?
>

> UTF-8 is my encoding of choice for a possible implementation.
> The RFC2396 Yuri pointed out uses US-ASCII as default for URI's, so that
> UTF-8 is correct for the US-ASCII subset and the best choice if other
> characters might appear in URI's in the future.

Yes, I agree that UTF-8 SHOULD be the default charset for  '
SourceLocation'  URI.
However, if 'SourceLocation' isn't used by a destination site to specify
the  source site's identity , it is not REQUIRED because the destination
site just uses it  to retrieve assertion and the source site must have
already known what charset is used for 'SourceLocation'.

Regards,
NTT Data Corporation
Yuji Sakata
Tel: +81-3-3523-8081