saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] SAML Usage Statistics?

Folks,

	a)	Good discussions - shows the maturity of a domain, in this
case SAML. We have transcended from "Why SAML" to "To SAML or NOT to SAML"
:o)

	b)	Getting back to the discussion at hand, an organization
grows, so are it's competition. By adopting an interoperable infrastructure,
one can conceivably build a business case for lost business or alternatively
opportunity cost which can be achieved in the future. Remember, an
organization is not just a sum of it's current capabilities, but also the
potential energy it has in terms of platforms. Even the valuation is based
on this.

	b)	Having an interoperable platform and trying to evangelize it
to partners is a better proposition than defending a proprietary platform.
Again, the forward looking model has elements of leadership which might not
be easily quantifiable but someone can still put a decent defendable number.

-k.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hal Lockhart [mailto:hlockhar@bea.com]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 10:36 AM
To: James Governor; Scott Cantor; saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

> Oftentimes anecdotes--war and peer stories--are just as powerful if
> not more so than any supposedly "hard numbers". I believe that is
> where the original question was targeted.

Nope, guess again. Here is the first post in this thread:

----
I'm attempting to determine if I can build a fact-based business case that
justifies the adoption of SAML if an organization's business partners have
not yet adopted it.

If an organization's business partners have not adopted SAML then if the
organization does adopt it then it is left with the task of "selling" SAML
to its partners if its investment in SAML is to pay off.

Are there any SAML usage statistics or any other information that might help
me build the business case I describe above?

If this is not the proper forum for my query, I'd appreciate any pointers to
other forums that might be more appropriate.

Thanks,

Barton Stanley
----

Hal

To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to
saml-dev-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org, or visit
http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/.