saml-dev message

Subject: Re: new to OpenSAML

Well, sorry for the previous post, intended to the OpenSAML mailing list.

But if there is someone here that can give me any use case of SAML, with
a basic sequence of requests and answers, starting from the
authentication, it will help me.

In fact I don't exactly understand how the authentication system, which
seems to be separated from SAML, is linked to it.

If a user authenticate against the security system, what does the server
return to him ? Is it an authentication assertion, or a reference to
this assertion ? And if it is a reference to the assertion, which data
structure has to be used ?

Thank you very much, and sorry again for the previous post

François Beretti