saml-dev message

Subject: Any interest in possible SAML interop at RSA 2005?

Hi folks,

This may seem like quite a ways off, but in mid-Feb, RSA will hold their RSA 2005 conference.  I got mail from Dee Shur at OASIS recently stating that she’d been asked whether we might hold another such event at the next conference.  Dee had also contacted our conference planners about it as well. So I got a call from our conference folks asking whether we would be doing a similar event in Feb since they really need to plan the space, etc. much more in advance than we did the last time.

The 2004 event was a huge success with about a dozen vendors participating with SAML 1.1 solutions and the booth was very well attended.  It was also sponsored by the GSA eGov program.

So… I’d like to hear back from anyone that thinks this would be a good idea and whether they’d be interested.  Feel free to respond on the list or privately if you’d prefer.

Obviously, the first question that comes up is whether we would demo SAML 1.1 again or whether there will be enough SAML 2.0 implementations to demo it instead?  Or perhaps we’d want to figure out how to work both in somehow.  I‘d be interested in your input on these questions.

If you could, our conference planners need an indication of our interest fairly soon.  I’d appreciate hearing back from you in the next week.

Thanks everyone.

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer
RSA Security Inc.