saml-dev message

Subject: Why Liberty if SAML provides the authentication framework ?

Hello guys,

I went through the technical overview of SAML 1.1 standard. Grasped most of the cocepts behind SAML such as its an XML framework for exchanging authentication, authorization & attribute information between 2 (or more) portal/services. SAML also provide protocol bindings. SAML also explains the use cases and show the way authentication/authroization/attribute information can be exchanged using Browser/artifact and Browser/post examples.

So far I liked it but could not understand what Liberty alliance tries to solve here or in other words what are the limitations of SAML which resulted in another standard such as Liberty.

Please grant me some knowledge on this topic. I am going to ask the same question to Liberty guys.

Regards & thanks
Kapil
http://www.dotnetcard.com/blogs/ksachdeva