saml-dev message

Subject: RE : [saml-dev] Which version to use?

Title: Message
Hello,
I am also in favour of v2.0, because of the expected updates. But you will need to be careful on the additional gum you need for transparent further developments ( web services.....).

BR
Anastase ADONIS
Objective Networks

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jean-Noel Colin [mailto:jean-noel.colin@oxys.be]
Envoyé : lundi 18 octobre 2004 11:15
À : saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Objet : [saml-dev] Which version to use?

Hello,

We are in the process of defining a Federated Identity Management framework for a large European research project. Our idea is to rely on SAML to develop our model and implementation. The question today is: which version to use? 1.1 or 2.0?

Our need are the following:
I would be in favor of SAML 2.0, as it seems that the specification are quite stable now, and ready to be approved as a standard, after the public review phase.

What would be your recommendation?

Thanks for your help

Jean-Noel Colin
jean-noel.colin@sun.com