saml-dev message

Subject: Use of ECP Profile

Hello,

I'm working on adapting the ECP profile (SAML 2.0) to our own Identity Management case.

Basically, we have principals connecting to a local environment, where they authenticate using any mechanism. From that environment, they are able to invoke remote services; so the use of ECP seems straightforward

However, I'm wondering how I could design Service chains, where a user would invoke a remote service which in turn would invoke another service, building a chain of arbitrary size.

If I base myself on the ECP profile, I guess that each service should send its own AuthnRequest to the IdentityProvider, but as the services may be distributed, I don't think I could use the Identity Provider Discovery Profile, which requires a common domain.

So is there a way for the original request for service to carry information about which IP to use for all authentication acts?

Best regards,

Jean-Noel Colin