saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Which version to use?

> So we envision a world where there will be an IDP based on
> SAML 2.0 & SP based on Liberty-IDFF-1.2/Phase2 & we do leave the
> possibility of problems of wire interoperability.

If you think people will refuse to eventually migrate to SAMLv2 SP software,
then yes.

> Scott, I am also sure vendors will implement both as they will be left
> with no other choice like having a merge of SAML & Liberty
> standard into one.

I have no idea what it is you're advocating. How do you propose to merge two
incompatible standards (ID-FF and SAMLv1) and not force one or both to
update their implementation? You write as though some other technical option
exists.

We did the best we could...we produced a single spec encompassing both sets
of functions and people can move to it if they choose to. You seem to be
asking for something else, but I can't tell what.

-- Scott