saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Re: RE : [saml-dev] Which version to use?

>ID-WSF will continue its march forward and will support both SAML 1.x
(Liberty ID-FF) and SAML 2.x assertions.

Also all the other WS-* (in OASIS, W3C, etc.) efforts will move forward along with the various web services platforms, so one question will be what additional value does ID-WSF bring ?

Anthony Nadalin
Inactive hide details for "Conor P. Cahill" <concahill@aol.com>"Conor P. Cahill" <concahill@aol.com>

          "Conor P. Cahill" <concahill@aol.com>

          11/09/2004 05:42 AM

Jean-Noël Colin <jean-noel.colin@oxys.be>

cc

"anastase adonis" <aadonis@objective-networks.com>, "Simon James" <james.simon@sun.com>, saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [saml-dev] Re: RE : [saml-dev] Which version to use?

Jean-Noël Colin wrote on 11/9/2004, 5:37 AM:

> Dear Anastase,
>
> Thank you for your email. My question was more: as SAML 2.0 now
> includes ID-FF, and, from the previous discussion, ID-FF is now a
> dead-end, what will be the status of ID-WSF? Will it be integrated in a
> later release of SAML? Will it exist as a stand-alone specification on
> top of saml 2.0?

ID-WSF will continue its march forward and will support both SAML 1.x
(Liberty ID-FF) and SAML 2.x assertions.

ID-WSF is a very different scope from SAML, so I doubt that there will
be a convergence there, although as I said, ID-WSF will use SAML 2.0
assertions.

Conor

GIF image