saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] AuthnQuery

I agree Scott, that no matter which way you go, there are some major issues that
need to be tackled. The primary ones that I see are:

- Lack of public infrastructure where industries have specialized "identity
providers" facilitate the exchanges. In the auto industry Covisint is hoping to
become one.

- Lack of understanding within the large corporate IT shops re: the methods and
best practices around identity and digital signature message encryption, and
very little adoption

- Lack of widespread adoption perpetuates the "missing critical mass" factor,
which further delays progress...

I am hoping that the medical informatics industry will drive the issues into
widespread use this year and next.

~~~~~~~~~
john c hardin
Chair, OASIS ebSOA Technical Committee
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ebsoa
313.279.1377 new *VONAGE* number
mailto:john@crossconnections.ws

"The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global
village."

     Marshall McLuhan, "Gutenberg Galaxy", 1962