saml-dev message

Subject: more than one Assertion query per request?

We are in a process to evaluate SAML as part of our security infrastructure. We would like to send out two or more Assertion queries in one SAML request by SOAP.  However the SOAP binding restricts the number of SAML request per message to be no more than one. (saml-bindings-2.0-os.pdf 3.2.2.1).  Could anybody explain to me the reason for this restriction?

Thanks

Jason