saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] more than one Assertion query per request?

> > Just to be pedantic.... SOAP allows any number of elements
> in the SOAP
> > Body, but they must all correspond to a single "request" or
> "response."
>
> Is it the WSI basic profile I'm thinking of? I could swear
> something said only one child element per body and it came up
> somewhere recently.

Yes. The document/literal wrapped and rpc/literal SOAP styles
(recommended by WS-I) both require the SOAP request message
with single soap:body element. The element corresponds to the
service operation. The operation arguments are that element
children. The difference between the two is that with rpc/literal
only the arguments are described by WSDL Type Schema while in
doc/lit the whole soap:body content is described by WSDL Types
Schema. On the wire those SOAP messages can look the exactly the
same assuming the namespaces in the WSDL operation and WSDL Types
are the same.

emil